Support for bi-regional coordination and cooperation on Drugs
Increased opportunities for political-technical dialogue between both regions (EU-LAC), on the nature of drug-related problems and the best ways to deal with them
Within the bi-regional commitment to cooperate jointly in the field of drug policies within the EU-CELAC Mechanism for Coordination and Cooperation on Drug Matters, the countries of Latin America recognise that COPOLAD has improved coordination and cooperation in drug matters and has reinforced the work of the Mechanism. COPOLAD III will build on the relationships established and the progress made, and will continue to support the Mechanism and strengthen the bi-regional dialogue on drugs in the priorities updated between October and November 2021 with the LAC countries, the European Commission and the secretariat of the Council of the European Union.
Lines of action
4.1.1. Annual meetings of the Programme held after the High Level meetings of the Mechanism
4.2.1. Support for the work of the EU-CELAC coordination mechanism for effective bi-regional coordination, bringing together the political and technical levels
4.2.2. Facilitate and disseminate the work of the Mechanism
4.3.1. Provision and facilitation of permanent access by the member countries of the Coordination Mechanism to quality and updated information
4.3.2 Exchange of best practices, lessons learnt and innovative processes through:
- Technical assistance to identify, select and systematise good practices in the field of the incorporation of the cross-cutting axes in the field of drugs
- Organisation of 2 “COPOLAD fairs on knowledge and innovation in public policies on drugs”
- Participation by members of the Mechanism in its many webinars.
4.3.3. Improvement in the capacity and knowledge of the members of the Mechanism in relation to cross-cutting approaches: a rights approach, a gender approach and the environment.
- Courses and webinars on drug policies under a sustainable development approach and its consistency with the 2030 Agenda
- Dissemination of reports prepared within the framework of COPOLAD on gender and drugs and other cross-cutting approaches.
4.4.1. Preparation of reports that promote bi-regional coordination and dialogue on drugs in relation to evidence-based policies.
4.4.2. Strengthening the joint work between the expert personnel in the countries and the diplomatic representations in Brussels.
4.4.3. Virtual seminars/meetings with national experts.